In this tutorial I will show you how to backup the files on your computer using Windows 7. Backing up your files should be the most important thing a user should do after buying a computer. Although most computer hard drives are very reliable today you never know when your hard drive will fail or your operating system will become corrupt or you system is infected with viruses and spyware. Thats why its so important to back up your all your files so when the worst happens youll be able to recover with minimal down time. The good news is that Windows 7 has a great backup tool that is easy to use and very effective for most users. There is no need for people to buy expensive backup software because Microsoft has created a simple utility to not only backup your desired files but setup an automated backup schedule and the ability to backup to an external hard drive or network drive. Lets go.
1. Open the start menu by clicking on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.
2. When the control panel windows appears find the System and Security section and below it you need to click on the Back Up Your Computer link.
3. Under the Backup and Restore screen click the Set Up Backup link on the left side. Now you will begin the setup process for your backup.
4. The next step in the backup process is to select the destination, or location, of the backup. Basically, its asking where do you want to save your backup files. So select the destination drive where you want to backup your files and then press the Next button.
5. Next you will have to choose what folders and files you want to backup. You can let Windows automatically choose for you or you can manually choose yourself. Choose the Let Me Choose option and then press Next.
6. Now you will select the specific folder or folders that you want to backup. Once youve selected the desired folders then click the Next button.
7. After youve reviewed the backup settings you can change the scheduling of the backups by pressing the Change Schedule link.
8. You can now choose if you want run backups on a schedule or not. If you dont want to run a scheduled backup then un-check the box. If you do then just select the appropriate frequency, usually every week for business users and every month for home users, and click OK.
9. After that you can press the Save Settings and Run Backup button and your done. You can now view all the backup details. Windows 7 will start the first backup as soon as youre done.
Tips:– The Windows 7 backup tool can only backup your files if your computer is on. So when you setup a schedule backup time make sure that you choose a time when your computer will be powered on.
Thats it! Its really that simple. We hope the tutorial How to Backup Your Files in Windows 7 has helped you with your Computer Repair issue.