In this tutorial I will show you how to connect to a wireless network using Windows 7. It seems like these days that every business has wireless internet. Whether its a coffee shop, library or hotel chances are high youre going to have access to the internet. The only way to take advantage of this convenience is to use your laptops wireless adapter and connect. Another benefit of being free of cables is if you want to check your emails from your living or bake a cake from the kitchen. If you have a wireless router then you can perform all these task easily. Ill show you how to get online in Windows 7 through wireless.
1. To get started, click on the wireless icon in the taskbar. This icon looks like a group of ascending bars.
2. Once youve click the icon a list of wireless networks will be displayed. This list of wireless networks are all the networks that are within reach of your computer. Find your network and press it.
3. Now you have the option of connecting to your network automatically. If this is a home or office network then check the Connect Automatically box and press the Connect button. If this is a temporary connection like a coffee shop then dont check the box. When youre ready press the Connect button.
4. The next step is to enter the network security key for the network. Enter the security key of the wireless router and press OK.
5. After pressing OK you will see the wireless icon is working at acquiring all the IPs it needs to connect. Once the adapter is ready youll see the wireless bars are now full.
6. Open your favorite internet browser and start surfing your favorite sites.
Tips:– Make sure to configure your wireless router prior to this tutorial.
Thats it! Its really that simple. We hope the tutorial How to Connect to a Wireless Network in Windows 7 has helped you with your Computer Repair issue.