In this tutorial I will show you how to disable the laptop touchpad in Windows 7. The touchpad, or laptop mouse, is a great tool when you need to need to work on the laptop and there isnt much space available, but a lot of laptop users like to use an external mouse because its more efficient and comfortable to use for long periods of time. One of the problems of the touchpad is that when a person uses the keyboard their palm may accidentitally touch the touchpad and cause typing errors and other unwanted effects. To disable the touchpad is easy and varies from laptop to laptop but this tutorial will show you a method that will work on every laptop. Lets begin this simple step by step tutorial.
1. Click the Start button.
2. Now press the Control Panel button.
3. Once the Control Panel screens appears, click the green Hardware and Sound link.
4. Under the Devices and Printers section press the Mouse link.
5. On the mouse properties screen select the Hardware tab. Now highlight the touchpad mouse which is the PS/2 Compatible Mouse and press the Properties button.
6. Now click the Change Settings button at the bottom of the mouse properties screen. When the new mouse properties screen apears select the Drivers tab and then press the Disable button. Windows will now warm you about disabling this device; just click the Yes button.7. When you return to the mouse properties screen press the OK button. You will now be asked to restart your laptop for the settings to take effect. Press the Yes button and let Windows 7 restart. Upon login into Windows again your touchpad will be disabled.
Tips:– If your laptop has a Synaptics touchpad then you can disable it by going to the Synaptics tab under the mouse properties.- Some laptops have a button or function key to disable the touchpad. Make sure to use this method first before following this tutorial.
Thats it! Its really that simple. We hope the tutorial How to Disable the Touchpad on a Laptop in Windows 7 has helped you with your Computer Repair issue.